The goal of the technology curriculum is to help students see technology as an essential component in compiling, organizing, analyzing, and presenting information.
- Classroom teachers and technology teachers work in partnership to ensure that technology instruction has a direct connection to classroom instruction.
- Use of online learning resources, web-based distance learning projects, and multimedia presentations allow students to become active participants in their own learning.
- Students become proficient in the use of computers while focusing on the computer as a productivity tool.
- Classrooms are equipped with Apple TV® digital media extenders, Mac® Mini computer, Promethean Interactive Boards and student desktop computers.
- Starting in kindergarten, our students have the opportunity to utilize the computer laboratory at least once a week.
- Students are taught keyboarding, word processing, Internet, spreadsheet/databases as well as how to develop graphics, multimedia presentations and web pages.
- Two computer labs equipped with desktop workstations with high-speed internet connections.
- Students in Kindergarten – 8th grade have access to 1:1 iPad® mobile digital devices. Middle school students are assigned an iPad® that they can use as part of their educational resources in school as well as at home.
- All classroom and specialty teachers are equipped with iPad® mobile digital devices to use as both a teaching and parent communication tool.
iPad®, Apple TV® and Mac® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.